(Note: this post originally appeared on GerardDawson.org)
As the founder of an educational non-profit, Michelle offered a unique perspective on business, technology, and education. A few highlights from the episode:
- Why Michelle’s experience as part of Teach for America in rural Mississippi led her to start CommonLit
- How she views the relationship between literacy and technology
- The surprising advantages of positioning an education organization as a non-profit (what she doesn’t have to worry about)
- My own favorite features when using CommonLit in the classroom
- The global impact that she seeks to make with CommonLit
- And more
Check out CommonLit at www.commonlit.org.
Say hello to Michelle on Twitter at @MichelleEileen
Please also tweet me and Michelle your feedback using the hashtag #EdTechStartupShow.
Listen to the episode using the embedded player below. You can also listen on iTunes.